Examples of minor property conditions that no longer require automatic repair for existing properties include, but are not limited to:
- Missing handrails
- Cracked or damaged exit doors that are otherwise operable
- Cracked window glass
- Defective paint surfaces in homes constructed post 1978
- Minor plumbing leaks (such as leaky faucets)
- Defective floor finish or covering (worn through the finish, badly soiled carpeting)
- Evidence of previous (non-active) Wood Destroying Insect/Organism damage where there is no evidence of unrepaired structural damage
- Rotten or worn out counter tops
- Damaged plaster, sheetrock or other wall and ceiling materials in homes constructed post- 1978
- Poor workmanship
- Trip hazards (cracked or partially heaving sidewalks, poorly installed carpeting)
- Crawl space with debris and trash
- Lack of an all weather driveway surface
Please feel free to contact me for any questions or comments.
Information courtesy of American Financial Network INC.